Mpac operates the most technically advanced and efficient kiwifruit packing facility in New Zealand. You simply won’t find a better packhouse or a better team to work with. Benefits of packing with Mpac include:
- We can pack up to 15,000 trays an hour and have capacity to process 30 million trays.
- Our 35 CA rooms for both Gold and Hayward increases the amount of fruit we can pack each season. Our growers are compensated for weight loss.
- Our grading machines utilise Global Scan and Spectrum, the latest versions of camera grading with 99.9% accuracy. Camera grading of Class 2 fruit ensures no quality fruit is missed from Class 1. Mpac is the only operator in the kiwifruit industry who has this configuration.
- NIR grading gives us the ability to recover a portion of fruit which has failed to meet Zespri dry matter requirements. This allows our growers to achieve the highest possible Class 1 pack out.
- Our on-site laboratory can test for fruit pressure, Brix, pests and colour.
- An automatic strapping machine ensures all pallets are ready and well-presented.
- Each of our up-and-over bin dumps can tip up to 120 bins an hour and are the gentlest option for your fruit.
- Our highly automated packing line ensures we are maximising our infrastructure and through-put, providing optimum harvesting capacity for our growers.
We have nine dedicated grower liaisons who look after Mpac growers from Auckland to Gisborne. Our job is to be your advocate. Face-to-face communication is important to us and we look forward to getting to know you both personally and professionally.
- We’ll manage your relationship with the packhouse and look out for your best interests, ensuring you and your crop have a smooth ride during harvest.
- We carry out on-orchard harvest audits for you; will let you know when your fruit is being packed; will give you a personal tour of our packhouse in action; and will immediately report back as to what your pack out was so you’re always in the loop.
- If any on-orchard issues arise or you need advice, you can call us anytime. If we don’t know the answer immediately, we’ll find out for you.
- We interpret and de-mystify industry compliance rules, communications and any industry-wide issues. Growers often have questions around maturity testing, clearance criteria, OGR forecasts and grower payment documentation. Ask us anything and we’ll answer in plain English.
To help you decide whether Mpac is right for you, we’re happy to provide a free ‘direct competitor analysis’ so you can see how your current situation compares to our offering.
GroPlus offers comprehensive orchard management services and is a subsidiary company of Mpac. We are located in the same office to ensure the best possible communication with our Mpac client services team.
PollenPlus is a leading provider of high viability male kiwifruit pollen and pollen application services including QuadDuster and handheld blow-on system. PollenPlus also provides PollenAssist – a trusted necessity for wet application. PollenPlus is a subsidiary company of Mpac offering artificial pollination services to the industry.
Mpac can provide a range of sampling and monitoring services including:
- KiwiGreen monitoring
- Psa monitoring
- Soil and leaf testing
- Crop estimation
For more information on any of these services please contact us.